Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sock It to Me

Tomorrow morning we are heading to New York, right around this time, in fact. Last nite I went out and bought crew socks, which may be the first time I've made this purchase in my life. I love socks. Cute socks. These things are far from cute. Whilst packing for the trip I noticed that although I don't have a "need" for socks mine are all striped or polka dotted or argyle. Then there are the "fuzzy" variety which also come in bright, striped colors. None of these will keep my feet warm while tubing down a hill with the kids. I'm actually more concerned about my ankles and calves getting cold. I hate being cold. * I know ,I know, you're thinking "But YOU'RE Canadian". Yeah, well, Canadians get cold too!*

So I wandered around the sock section. All those cute bobby socks hanging on the ends of the rack were a distraction. The packages of coloured dress socks caught my eye as well. It took me a looonngg time. I finally found some crew socks but they were rather plain. :( Aha! Hanes makes some with a little pink line across the toes, perfect.

When we got home I decided to test out my new socks. I tore into the package and upon inspection I was a bit disappointed. Too thin. Not high enough on my leg. I put them on.

My feet were toasty! And happy! I can't believe it but
I LIKE crew socks.
Who knew?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

*chuckling* Get out the fabric paint and make them unplain!

TheLubeFaerie said...

and you can get them with cute little stripes and such too. I like them~

Xanadu said...

The only socks I own are nylon knee-highs, and many pairs of black trouser socks. I hate socks. lol. Have fun on the trip! Hugs.

stella said...

Shannon, haha!

LubeFaerie- yeah, my eyes have been opened to a whole new world of socks!

Xanadau-You hate socks????

becomingkate said...

I buy these ankle socks without a band at the top, to wear under all my dress boots. I steal Bill's woolly socks to go in my hiking boots or winter boots. Also, bring some of your other ones and put on two layers. That REALLY helps!

stella said...

kate- I was thinking that. I am sooo concerned about being cold! :) And I'm taking my mittens instead of gloves too.

stella said...

I am testing my comment section...

Fijufic said...

I can post or sure now T....

Happy New Year!!! Yep< kelly is going Shopping in Tyson's corner and seeing a show at the Kennedy center. Lucky girl!

Love,
Bobby

Xanadu said...

Yes, I hate socks. I even go barefoot in the Winter (indoors, of course!) I have to have the freedom to wiggle my toes. Socks are too confining. LOL! Hugs.

Unknown said...

There's nothing like a nice pair of socks. Glad you like your new ones.
I'm so glad you're here!

Have a wonderful trip - sending prayers and warm hugs your way.