This will be short. It is my right wrist that is crushed and I am right handed so being a one armed bandit is bad enuf but when the one arm is not the one u naturally favor, things get a little hairy.
How I Broke It: ROLLERSKATING!
How I Reacted: CALMLY. QUIETLY. BUMMED THAT I WOULDN'T GET TO CLIMB THE ROCK WALL, OR GO TUBING.
When It Happened: 12:30 am Saturday, the first event of Snow Camp.
What I Did: Went to ER, got wrapped, put in a soft cast and sling. Returned to Snow Camp.
Yesterday: I got my hard cast. It stretches from my knuckles to armpit. The wrist is crushed into many pieces and may require surgery and a steel plate. My hand was bent 5 degrees to the right. Which I knew immediately after the fall; it was visibly bent and clawed. I am supposed to move as little as possible :( and keep my very heavy casted arm ABOVE MY HEAD!!
HUMOR: Because of my arm position Aaron keeps asking me if I have a question. hahaha Or says " oh, so u wanna arm wrestle again?" Allie is enjoying doing my hair and makeup!! And even the dog feels bad and tries to lick my fingers.
It could ALWAYS be worse.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
A Little More Detail
Posted by stella at 12:22 PM
Labels: wrist injury
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Oh man...that stinks. How long do you have to wear that cast? (((hugs)))...I had that awkward problem (left/right) when I sprained my ankle...try driving with your left foot...ITS WEIRD!! LOL
They're saying at least 6 weeks with the cast. :(
That is funny Aaron keeps asking you that! You gotta laugh right?? I'm not sure I would've reacted so calmly.. I'm a big baby.
:D you can always use those new socks to cover those fingers!!
Well, I'd say when you do it, you do it quite right.
Wait until you roll over in the night and whack Aaron upside the head with the cast! hehehe
Ouch! Really, ouch.
I can relate, because when I shattered my arm, they did surgery, and I had 4 cumbersome pins sticking out of it. My cast was on for abt. 6 wks. I think. Hope you're not ticklish! Ha. Hugs.
shattered? ouch!! I hope it heals up really well and fast.
well at least you enjoyed snow camp :) it'll be one camp you'll never forget.
Oh no!!!
Do you no longer post here, either? Have you gone back to JS, too? Just wondering. How's the wrist doing? Hugs.
I've been having such a hard time getting around this place. I'm so sorry to hear about your wrist and hope you're feeling a bit better.
I've been thinking about you. I htought I saw you on facebook, but unfortunately because of that visual verification on the security check, couldn't add you as a friend.
Sending big hugs to you.
Not cool. Sorry to hear it. I hope you're feeling a little better by now and winning at least half of the arm wrestling contests!
Post a Comment